Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Need a last minute costume, but don't want to stand in line at a Halloween costume shop? Use this cheap, easy, quick DIY tutorial to make a Frankenstein's Monster outfit. This tutorial uses stuff around the house, or from things available at your local discount, craft, office supply or 99-cent store around this time of year.
You will need the following materials:
- 1 sheet of Large Green Posterboard (Staples, Michaels or other office supply)
- Green and Black Cream Make-Up (Drug store, costume shop, 99-cent store, craft shop)
- Liquid Latex
- Spirit Gum or skin-safe adhesive (Liquid Latex)
- Red lipstick or Make-up
- Black Wig/Black Furry Fabric/or shredded Black paper for the hair.
- 1 letter-sized sheet black paper
- Dark Suit or Jacket and Pants
- Dark T-Shirt
- Shoulder Pads or Folded Up Newspaper
- Aluminum Foil
- Facial Tissue or Toilet Paper
- Scotch Tape
Friday, October 26, 2012
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Oh, J.J. Abrams, you were doing so well...
UPDATE: It seems I may be behind the times on this. Is Cumberbatch in fact NOT playing Khan? Just a random villain?
Monday, October 22, 2012
Searching Google leads to a rather enormous assortment of articles about Halloween Pop-Up Costume Stores, without any actual way to FIND said Halloween Pop-Up Costume Stores. And while it's true that, yes, you can usually just throw a fake rock and hit one around this time of year, it would be nice to be able to go directly to one or even ::gasp:: call one.
Thursday, October 18, 2012
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
My personal favorite part of tonight's Presidential Debate was when Romney said that businesses have to make business hours allowances for women so that they can go home and cook dinner. Classic.