Friday, April 15, 2011

Pictures #28 & #29: Things I did instead of filing my taxes...

Picture #28: Every garbage day with this...


Alas, this is not my toy, but my roommate's. Slave I really is quite a silly looking ship when it comes right down to it. It's a credit to how AWESOME a movie Empire Strikes Back is that we don't mind that it looks like a giant sucker fish. Also, Boba Fett's general badassiness in anticipating Solo's "float away with the rest of the garbage" ploy. Speaking of Empire, how ridiculous is it that "Serenity" beat out "Empire..." for io9's "Best Sci-Fi Movie Ever" poll? That is a classic example of user FAIL. I like Serenity and Firefly just fine, but better than Empire? Come on.

Picture #29: "Racer X!"


The live-action movie sucked, but it did result in an awesome glut of Speed Racer toy overstock at the local 99-cent stores. The models were excellent and came with detachable mechanical arms and weapons that fit on the front, sides or backs of the Matchbox-sized cars.

Racer X's "Shooting Star" car was awesome, but of course the Mach 5 is the real star of the show. I'm forced to remember, however, a time as a young kid of 3 or 4 when, for a block party, my mother was supposed to decorate my Big Wheel for me. She asked me how I wanted it to look and I told her I wanted it to look like the fabulous Mach 5!

She decorated it like a flower... Thus began a long history of my mother never listening to me.

No comments: