Friday, October 17, 2008

Political Rumors: COLIN POWELL TO ENDORSE BARACK OBAMA

Now, I'm no reporter. Nobody ever confused me with Woodward and Bernstein, or even Larry Flynt for that matter.

That said, remember that you heard it here first: Colin Powell is going to endorse Barack Obama this coming weekend.

Colin Powell was National Security Advisor for Reagan and the first president Bush, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and George W. Bush's Secretary of State during his first term. He is actually a friend of Senator John McCain and, as such, had intended to remain neutral during this election.

However, my sources tell me that the retired four star general has been thoroughly appalled by the selection of Sarah Palin as McCain's running mate. This in addition to his well-documented disagreements with the direction in which the current administration and the Republican party have led this country, have forced the Secretary Powell's hand. As the patriot that he is, he no doubt has realized just how important this election is and thus is intending to endorse Senator Obama within the next few days.


Of course, I could be wrong - as I said, I'm no reporter. But I have faith in Secretary Powell's love of his country and his judgment as to who will be best suited to lead it. And that's clearly Barack Obama.

No comments: