Sunday, July 6, 2008

US Air Guitar Regionals - Brooklyn

So I decided, rather last minute, to enter the US Air Guitar regional competition in Brooklyn, but it's Wednesday, July 9th and they were closed for entries. However, the website said "... if you can provide evidence that you have Norse God-like abilities" that they may be able to squeeze us into competition.

I promptly emailed them to see how I could prove my Norseness. Video of me air guitaring? Video of me dressed up as Samurai from the Superfriends?

I only had one of those at the moment to send them, but apparently it was enough, because at 5am today they accepted my entry.

Which leaves me 3 1/2 days to edit my song, choreograph, make a costume and practice. Brilliant, Shy.

If you want to come out and show your love for SuperKiller Fragalisticexpialidocious (that's me), by all means, join me!

US Air Guitar Championships: Brooklyn Regional
Wed 7/9 (8PM) @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
Cost: $16
Official Site: http://www.usairguitar.com

Music Hall of Williamsburg
66 North Sixth Street Brooklyn, NY 11211
Website: http://www.musichallofwilliamsburg.com/

No comments: